Sunday, January 27, 2008

manhattan 1/2 marathon

We're halfway there!  Today I ran my first "official" half marathon in Central Park.  30 degrees and cloudy.  My running buddy Amy and I hunkered down and just tried to run a consistently paced run.  (Note - I avoided the word "race")  We have a half marathon in the Bronx in two weeks so Coach Ramon advised us to treat this as just another long, EASY, run.  And we did GREAT!  We aimed for 10 minute miles and that's exactly what we did.  10:02min/mile to be exact.  13.1 miles in 2 hours, 11 minutes and 37 seconds.  Can't wait to see how different the Bronx race is.  

Thanks Amy for keeping me going!

My favorite moment?  The chuckles from the surrounding runners as I raised my fist and yelled "Damn cat!" at the cat statue on Cat Hill (the second time we had to run up it!)


No comments: