Sunday, November 23, 2008

The title has changed....

...and the goal is mostly the same - just a little bit expanded!  I'm doing it again.  I have signed up with TEAM IN TRAINING to train for an endurance event and raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  Not another marathon, but a TRIATHLON!!! I can't quite believe it myself.  I don't even own a bike! 

This time the fundraising goal is $4900 and I'll be traveling to Monterey, California to compete in the Wildflower Olympic Triathlon.  (And by "compete" I mean "attempt to finish without hurting myself.")  My pal Maggie will be competing in the Half Ironman distance of the same event.  She's one of many who inspired me to take this next step.  So visit my fundraising page if you get a chance (link on the right) and wish me luck.  I'll be posting more soon about the event, my training and why the heck I think I can do this!

No comments: