Wednesday, January 14, 2009

shuffle and swim


The deadline for the iPod shuffle raffle is tonight at midnight - so far the odds are pretty good. Thanks to everyone who donated in the past week!  I'll announce the winner tomorrow.

And last night was the first Manhattan swim Group Training Session (GTS) at Riverbank State Park.  It's a little bit of a hike for me to get up there but the pool was pretty great (we won't mention the locker rooms.)  Coach Scott gave us some pretty thorough instruction and I think I did pretty well.  I can't wait until it's a little bit more of a workout though - I regretted not going to the gym earlier in the day as well.

I'm skipping the outdoor run GTS tonight and hitting the treadmill instead.  I still have a bit of a lingering cough thingie and I'm going to play it safe.  I tried to run outside at Saturday's GTS and had to throw in the towel after the 20 minute warmup.  I thought I was going to hack up a lung!  Since it's about a thousand times colder today than it was Saturday, I'm not going to risk setting myself even further back.  So the gym it is.

No comments: