Saturday, February 21, 2009

harlem hill with sandwich bags on my feet

I've been embroiled in AEA negotiations all this week and am exhausted, but I promised myself I would not miss bike GTS this morning.  So, with 5 hours of sleep I got up, put on 5 upper layers, 2 pairs of gloves, 2 lower layers, 2 pairs of socks and some sandwich bags over my socks and got on my bike and headed up to Central Park.  

I must say I loooove my new tires.  That suction cup feeling is totally gone and except for going uphill I actually felt like I was moving quickly and not trudging along.  And after releasing the urge to stay with the basic, basic group, I headed off with the main group for some gear work.  After 2 lower loops we did 6 runs up Strawberry Hill as I like to call it.  I have no idea what it's actually called, but it's really steep.  I was very excited to get an "excellent" from Coach Scott.  Small things :)

Then we headed back down around the bottom of the park and up to the north end.  Harlem Hill.  Eeek.  I thought running up it was hard.....

But I did it 3 times before braving 9th Avenue to get home to shower and get ready to go back to AEA.  


I don't anticipate resurfacing from 46th street until some time tomorrow.  It's going to be a fun night!!!  And I promise to get in a run as soon as it's over.

No comments: